Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bronchitis Traqueo and the Emotional Impact of Diabetes
Wink 
[size=4][b]Bronchitis Traqueo - the Emotional Impact of Diabetes[/b][/size][hr]Unless someone is diabetic, or very close to someone who is, they do not realize how life changing this disease can be. I believe one of the reasons this is, is because so many people are diagnosed with diabetes; that somewhere down the line, the seriousness of the disease, in people's minds, have diminished.

[list][*]You are living with diabetes, please make sure you get the emotional help you so need and deserve.[*]It's absolutely a necessity.[*]You may have to live with diabetes, but make sure you have it under control, and that it does not control you.[*]After all, it's a matter of life and death ' both physical and emotional.[*]Eddie, who is now 23, has kept his sugar under good control, (not tight, sadly -- but good) where he has not had to be hospitalized too often.[*]He mainly has to go into the hospital when he gets a bad illness, such as the flu or stomach virus.[*]When a diabetic's body is stressed with illnesses, it causes the blood sugar to go erratic.[*]High blood sugars read off the chart, even when they have not been able to eat -- then their blood sugar may suddenly drop to a dangerous low.[*]It also makes it more difficult to control because they are not able to eat, or maybe even drink.[*]For diabetics, this is not an option.[*]They are hospitalized where they can receive I.V fluids, and keep a close check on their blood sugar readings.[*]Which sometimes means being pricked in the fingers up to 8 times a day, for several days in a row.[*]We are satisfied with this end product on Bronchitis.[*]It was really worth the hard work and effort in writing so much on Bronchitis.[/list]

[size=large][b]Diabetes Causes Such a Wide Array of Secondary Illnesses[/b][/size][hr]Including stunting growth in a growing child. Eddie lost a whole year of growing. When he was 13, he had the bones of an 11 1/2 yr. old. He was put on intra-muscular testoterone shots at home. Which he took a lot better than most adults would, every night for six months.

My life was drastically affected by diabetes twelve years ago when my son, who is now 23, was just eleven years old, and diagnosed with juvenile diabetes. Enhancing your vocabulary is our intention with the writing of this article on Bronchitis. We have used new and interesting words to achieve this.

[size=large][b]Diabetes is a Very Serious and Scary Chronic Illness[/b][/size][hr]It is totally life changing for those diagnosed. Eating becomes literally a matter of life and death. And the way a person is use to eating is usually changed drastically. We have not included any imaginary or false information on Bronchitis here. Everything here is true and up to the mark! :o.

Hurts me now, as it has since the day he was diagnosed, to know that he may soon be experiencing some very bad health problems because of the diabetes. Problems start to arise mostly after being diabetic for five years. We are living on borrowed time with decent health -- as he now has had diabetes for twelve years. When he says his chest hurts him, I don't think, "Oh no, he may be getting bronchitis." I think, "Oh Lord, please let it be something as simple as bronchitis." When he tells me his feet hurt and his whole body aches -- I know it may be a sign of neuropathy. At 23 he experiences pains and aches no young adult should have to face. But I praise God for each day that goes by where he is still able to work and live life as close to a young adult as he possibly can. God has spared us from him having any serious conditions. I know that may change any day, but I can relish in each day it does not. Using our imagination has helped us create a wonderful article on Bronchitis. Being imaginative is indeed very important when writing about Bronchitis!

These emotional issues are just as important to deal with as the physical disease itself. The emotional needs must be addressed. Not only the needs of the person diagnosed, but the whole family, and if it's a child, this includes the parents and siblings. Aiming high is our motto when writing about any topic. In this way, we tend to add whatever matter there is about Bronchitis, rather than drop any topic.

[size=large][b]As a Mother, Seeing Him Go Through All of this, Tore My Heart Out[/b][/size][hr]When I did let him leave, I had to worry not only what every mother worries about when her children go off by themselves, but I had to worry if his sugar dropped too low, would he be able to make it home {b}in time{/b} to get something to eat? Even though he carried emergency glucose pills for low sugar, it does not work all the time. (Depending on how low his sugar is and if he is able to chew, and has enough sense to take them.) When your sugar drops extremely low, you are not aware of what you're doing. Many people have been suspected of being high on drugs, when it is their sugar causing the strange behaviour. It's a very scary thing to see, even more so do go through. I also had to worry if he would go off and drink sugar drinks and go to the store and get candy. This was not a simple concern, this could actually kill or disable him. When your sugar gets too high, you are damaging your organs -- and if you start spilling ketones, it becomes a very dangerous situation. It causes ketoacidosis which causes nausea, sometimes severe with projectile vomiting, stomach pains, confusion and drowsiness; because their body is over-worked and worn out. It's literally starving to death. They are also in danger of slipping into a diabetic coma. High sugar often does develop into Diabetic ketoacidosis -- (DKA) which is a life-threatening blood chemical (electrolyte) imbalance that develops in a person with diabetes when the cells do not get the sugar (glucose) they need for energy. As a result, the body breaks down fat instead of glucose and produces and releases substances called ketones into the bloodstream. Severe diabetic ketoacidosis can cause difficulty breathing, brain swelling (cerebral edema), coma, or death. This is also the time when diabetes is doing the most harm to all the organs -- which can lead to heart failure, kidney failure, blindness, neuropathy -- and the list goes on. Even the beginner will get to learn more about Bronchitis after reading this article. It is written in easy language so that everyone will be able to understand it.

[size=large][b]Our Lives Became Rigid, At First -- as We Tried to Cope With the Changes[/b][/size][hr]My son, Eddie, could not just run off and play at his friend's house whenever he wanted, or was allowed. He had to make sure he was home to take his shots on time, to eat the regular meals and the snacks in-between. He was a hard player, he had to learn that if he didn't eat like he was supposed to, wheather he was hungry or not, he would end up getting shaky. If he did not get something in him quickly to raise his blood sugar, he may slip so low that an ambulance would have to be called to save his life, if I wasn't there with an emergency glucagon (intra-muscular sugar water) shot -- as he would get extremely lethargic and not be able to communicate, or to understand what was going on around him. Suppressing our knowledge on Bronchitis is not our intention here. In fact, we mean to let everyone know more about Bronchitis after reading this!

[size=large][b]He Has Always Been Hyperactive, So Even When He Was Sick, He Was Active[/b][/size][hr]I started to notice he was looking a little pale and losing weight, even though he ate constantly. I made him a doctor appointment for the next opening, which wasn't until a month away. All of a sudden he started wetting the bed. The urine had a very strong odor. He also started complaining of headaches. At first I thought the complaints, was just an excuse for the eleven-year-old to stay out of school. But when they became so severe, I knew they were real. The second day his headaches were so severe, he stayed home from school. He presented no other symptoms, but he slept all day long. This was enough to definitely make me realize something was extremely wrong. I got out my diagnosis health encyclopedia books and after a few hours, I came down to two diagnosis, kidney trouble or diabetes, (this was before I became a nurse, so I was going only by his symptoms and the words on the page). It was about 6:30 at night, when I told my husband something was terribly wrong and I was taking our son to the emergency room.

All these changes he was going through, made him feel like he was different than the other children. He was afraid to spend a night for quite some time after being diagnosed; because if his sugar went up too high at night, it could cause him to wet the bed. Something that an eleven-year-old would be horrified to do in front of his friends. We also had to make sure if he did go spend the night with a friend, that they had plenty of food. (Though, his back pack would be packed with extra food for snacks, it couldn't contain the main meals.) We also had to let the parents know he was diabetic, where they could keep an extra eye out. This would sometimes turn into a nightmare, as Eddie did not want to go around announcing he was diabetic. He also didn't like being treated differently if a mother was handing out sugared drinks or sugared snacks to the other kids. This is a dependable source of information on Bronchitis. All that has to be done to verify its authenticity is to read it!

Quote:The emotional stress one goes through seems to get ignored and lost in the endless information and directions of how to now live your life. This is not just merely staying alive ' it's trying to stay alive without ending up blind, on kidney dialysis, with severe nerve damage, or amputation, just to name a few. We have avoided adding flimsy points on Bronchitis, as we find that the addition of such points have no effect on Bronchitis.

[size=large][b]Was Over-Whelming[/b][/size][hr]Three main meals a day and three snacks a day; mandatory, with a minimum of two shots daily for the rest of his life. To say we were under stress, would be putting it mildly. My son put on a brave face, but about the fourth day after he was diagnosed, I had a heart to heart with him. The poor baby thought he had brought the diabetes on himself and was being punished for something he said. Meanwhile, my nine-year-old at home was going through her own personal hell. After speaking to her, I found out she was scared to death that he was going to die, and that she was next. This came from two children whose parents did talk to them and tried to explain everything to the best of their ability.

When we arrived at the emergency room, my son had a hard time keeping his eyes opened. We were finally called to the back, where they started running several tests. Sure enough he was diagnosed with Type 1 Juvenile Diabetes. His blood sugar was well over 600. Normal blood sugar levels range from 90-110. The reason he was sleeping so much was because he was trying to slip into a diabetic coma. The doctor said that if I didn't bring him in when I did, he would have went into a coma that night. They admitted him to ICU and kept a vigil on him for three days as insulin was delivered through IV. That was the day our lives changed forever; especially my eleven-year-old son's. We have included some fresh and interesting information on Bronchitis. In this way, you are updated on the developments of Bronchitis.

[size=large][b]Bronchitis is the Medical Condition of Inflammation of Bronchi of Lungs[/b][/size][hr]Microbes or bacteria and foreign substances that entered the respiratory tract lead to the bronchi inflammation stimulating surplus mucus secretion. Thus bronchitis is also defined as a disease of acute or chronic inflammation in the mucous film of the bronchial pipes. The root cause of bronchitis may also be allergic responses to irritants like tobacco smoke.

Vigorous diet with exercise courses are also suggested for lessening symptom associated with bronchitis. Ordinary aerobic exercise is courteous in intensifying lung capability and supporting in breathing. Walking has an immense low blow exercise for those with bronchitis disease. Besides, breathing cardiovascular exercises can be supportive as well as learning how to get deliberate, cavernous breathing to fortify the muscles and calm down the patient.

Smoking is a leading causal factor of bronchitis and therefore it is extremely advisable to give up. Renouncing smoking can overturn the consequences of chronic bronchitis plus permit the patients to direct to a more vigorous life. Drinking large amount of fluids resolve to help acute victims of bronchitis. Although acute bronchitis is virtually not as stern as chronic, it is capable of leading to impediments if kept untreated. It is only if you find some usage for the matter described here on Symptoms Bronchitis treatment will feel the efforts put in writing on Symptoms Bronchitis fruitful. So make good usage of it!

For acute bronchitis the patient should avoid dairy foodstuffs as it will enhance the quantity of sputum produced, complicating the symptoms. As an alternative, cayenne pepper, chicken stock and garlic are suggested as these assist in clearing the mucous. Aromatherapy utilizing eucalyptus facilitates to pacify the irritated lungs and regulate clearer inhalation or respiration. Hot showers or a warm compress too clears the mucus and help in stable breathing. The best solution to bronchitis is quitting smoking as well as being conscious of the second hand smokers. We do hope that you find the information here something worth recommending others to read and think about once you complete reading all there is about Bronchitis Disease. Smile

Long-term persistent injury, as due to smoking, may direct to chronic bronchitis, where severe, irretrievable harm leaves the lungs unwrap to illness and fibrosis. Smoking-associated chronic bronchitis frequently occurs in connection with emphysema and this is known as chronic disruptive pulmonary disease. Effective treatment for bronchitis symptoms drugs to widen the bronchi plus endorse coughing, antibiotics, and existence adaptations like giving up smoking. Looking for something logical on Bronchitis, we stumbled on the information provided here. Look out for anything illogical here.

The Symptoms of acute Bronchitis includes a profound chest cold, insignificant fever; inflammation, feeble voice, imperfect speech, squatness of breath, annoyance, nausea, lung and body pain; dry or mucous comprising cough. On the basis of the degree of seriousness bronchitis is divided into two categories as acute and chronic bronchitis. Acute bronchitis is a type of the terrible bronchitis disease due to the soreness of bronchial tree and is generally self limiting. Acute bronchitis is quite similar to an awful chest cold along with ultimate subsiding to undetectable levels. The symptoms of acute bronchitis is consider to be undetectable because of the fact that the shrinkage or the contractions of breathing system be inclined to invite auxiliary episodes. Acute bronchitis if left unchecked and untreated lead to more fatal chronic stages or even asthmatic bronchitis and can be more dangerous in newborns, children, and adults with causal respiratory diseases, particularly emphysema. What we have written here about Acute Bronchitis can be considered to be a unique composition on Acute Bronchitis. Let's hope you appreciate it being unique.

Messages In This Thread
Bronchitis Traqueo and the Emotional Impact of Diabetes - by rodrickholcomb - 08-26-201610:25 PM